Saturday, January 29, 2005

People are such an endless fountain of joy and interest to me.. some people more than others perhaps, but that is only natural.. it is a very human thing to connect more easily with one person than the next. It must depend on.. well I'm not exactly sure what it depends on, but there is a very tangible difference in communication with different people.

Yesterday I had the great fortune to spend both the day, and the evening, sharing great dialogue with two very special individuals. Both of whom have in common the fact that they allow me to connect with them, on a profound level, with surprising ease. I find communicating with people like them highly enjoyable.. and undeniably valuable.
It is my experience that the people that enter one's life are primarily people with whom one communicates with a mixture of ease and effort. This is the larger part of one's group of acquaintances and friends. Then, there is the smaller group of people with which communication is a constant effort.. these usually fall into the category of acquaintances or minor acquaintances - or, not uncommonly, family. If communication is a constant effort (sometimes for lack of initiative from the hands of one or both, or their insecurities), the relationship develops rather slowly, or not at all. In these cases, naturally, there is work to be done. One should not give up, but keep up the effort.. because eventually I believe, if one earnestly tries, there is always a dimension to be commonly reached, where connection is struck.
And then, magnificently, there is the handful of people where communication is easy and seemingly totally effortless. There is a magical flow between people, and a heart-to-heart bond and understanding, or sincere curiosity, is mutually shared. It may be that by making the effort to get to know people, however easy or challenging it turns out to be, these individuals enter your life as prizes for the humanitarian effort you have made. It may be ..

In communicating with people of the magical flow kind, I almost find that in the space in between oneself and the individual there is formed an abstract dimension where an enhanced sense for life emerges. To make it even more fantastic; it is almost as if the individuals commonly cast a spell.. they combine their mental energies and in so-doing start to see further and beyond their everyday horizons. This is one of the beautiful wonders of life.

Thankfully, I have already got a few of these people in my life.. and they mean an awful lot to me. In yesterday's case, however, the characters involved in this profound drama of life were, firstly, my sister.. how lucky am I .. but she and I have recently started to get to know each other better, .. and secondly, a brand new friend who hasn't ceased to surprise and amaze me in the short while I have known him.
So, conclusively, people are treasures .. and I have just added two more diamonds to my lot. I'm a fortunate guy, wouldn't you agree..

Passionately,
..kH

No comments: