Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Here below is the overview of my past months, as promised (to myself mostly) .. it helps one to gain a better hindsight to run over events and emotive experiences of the past..

...
By mid-September 2003 I left the Icelandic shore to begin my studies in England. I entered a brilliant BA (Hons.) course called European Theatre Arts, at an amazing university for the theatre arts, Rose Bruford College (of speech and drama). We reside at the verge of London, well maybe not the total verge of.. the area is called Sidcup, and is geographically both in Kent county and in the city of London .. huge city, that .. a city of 6 zones, and we are in the 5th. Sidcup feels like a small sleepy town, where people come to die or temporarily educate their children beyond the craziness and bad influences of city life. Suburb, if ever there was one. Rosie B seems to be the establishment that really keeps the area alive, even though there are dozens of preparatory and elementary schools all over Sidcup, and further.

The area only has two seasons; summer and fall.

My studies have gone amazingly well ... I get the highest grades no matter what I do, it seems. Talent? Luck? Wheel of Fortune? .. Perhaps, hard work and interest? But it feels great! And I love it, every bit of it .. the course and what we study, the teachers, my class mates .. the squirrels in the trees surrounding us (apparently they are quite vicious creatures, but they look cute cuddly and harmless - and brave). My course primarily looks at physical and avant-garde theatre practice, and it has blown my mind and whole perception of theatre. That adds to the amazement of it all; to not only get great marks but really feel your studies revolutionize your mind. Keeps me fit as well!

Another main category of experiences is, as always, the love life. I like to think of myself as being quite cautious when it comes to the matters of boys and entrusting someone else with my feelings. So, I tend to take it rather slow. Which I prefer anyway; I'd rather end my life having had few but very special relationships, than dozens of lovers and not be able to remember some of them. My original idea was to find the one and end my life with him .. well, life usually has different plans for us than we do ourselves .. so that has not quite happened.
Three individuals danced the mating dance with me a while during the past year-and-a-half, two of which emerged from the mating jig as boyfriends - one I dated a few times, shared some intimate moments with, but ultimately could not bring myself to take things further with.
All three of them are beautiful and mind-blowing individuals, each in their own special way. I sure know how to pick'em.. or maybe I'm just such a fortunate guy to be myself picked out by the kindest of souls.. whichever way the tables turn, these experiences have been very important.

I am not sure if I should go into more details.. should I name names? Should I tell highlighted stories from the relationships? What happened? How did we meet? Why did we part? I need to ponder that matter a while longer.. so, for now I leave it at this: (apologies to non-Icelandic readers)

Okkar óðum fækka fundir,
fyrnist ást,
ástin þín,
ekki mín,
ástin þín, sem brást.
Ekkert getur lengur stytt mjer
stundir.
Sorgin hún er trygg og trú,
trygg og trú,
trúrri en þú,
þó hún mæði mig á allar lundir.
Jeg vildi að sorgin,
-- ég vildi að þú, --
-- vildi að þú --
-- værir sorgin.
(Ljóðið Sorgardans eftir Gest)

I'd like to emphasize, to those who understood the above poem, that my feelings are not as clouded with sarcasm as the poet's.. the poem is brilliant nonetheless and touched me.

--
Signing out for now,

..kH

No comments: