Thursday, October 27, 2005

Faithful readers of non-Icelandic origin
forgive me

I realize my last entry was almost entirely in Icelandic. I claim the right to do this from time to time, as it is much more natural for me, anyway, to speak and write in Icelandic, than it is for me to express myself in English. And truly, to be brutally honest, sometimes I just can't be arsed to make any communicative sequences in English. It's a great language, but it is tiring. This is true. I have now spoken English fluently for many years, and I have spent a number of years in countries where I spoke more English than my native language, and I find that an hour of speaking English is more exhausting than three hours of speaking Icelandic. I wonder why this is? What is it about the nature of these languages that explains this?

Okay, I am now officially an Apple Mac user, I proudly announce this. I am still learning and getting to know the new equipment, but it looks better and feels.. right. No idea. Maybe I've just decided to feel that way. But I chose to move from PC to Mac, for some personal reason that isn't quite clear to me.
Perhaps I have just been told too often that Mac Makes Sense, but whatever the real reason, I am happy with this.

Yes I am still at college. Why wouldn't I be? Did some of you read my mind while I had doubts?
Suddenly the college is flooded with boys and girls of the same private orientation as my own. The first two years of college it didn't really seem as if there were that many of us. This year, however, Rose Bruford College is queerer than it has been for years.
Calls for celebration, we'll party the way only WE know how to party (well, only WE and some uninhibited individuals of different orientations). Get the lights people! Here we go ..

What else.. day off today. Yay, that tickles my pickle. I'll finally have some quiet time - for homework!

Oh, and I just built a cottage in Italy. I share it with only one.

---
Now, I wanted to share the following with you. It is guidance for the day, I think it is an important encouragement:

OCTOBER 27
"Whether we regard difficulties in life as misfortunes or whether we view them as good fortune depends entirely on how much we have forged our inner determination. It all depends on our attitude or inner state of life. With a dauntless spirit, we can lead a cheerful and thoroughly enjoyable life. We can develop a "self" of such fortitude that we can look forward to life's trials and tribulations with a sense of profound elation and joy: "Come on obstacles! I've been expecting you! This is the chance that I've been waiting for!"
..Daisaku Ikeda

Preparing for A Journey Through Other Spaces,
..kH

3 comments:

Ty Shaw said...

Glad to see you're back from your brief blog break.
Englishcan be vey tiring. I also find it hard to express myself in english...the words never seem quite right.

-Still a fan,
Ty

P.S. The entire world is getting queerer everyday. Blessings to you and your cottage.

Anonymous said...

english or any other lingo dont matter just as long as my mind goes mmmmmmmmm with words that enter my soul
love ja

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]hansablogg.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research presents that closely 60% of all USA adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.