Sunday, March 19, 2006

Greetings.

I have broken my mould. I seem to dwell in forms for periods of time. And then I get tired and need a change. I have been b*logging for a while now in a rather inaccessible form, but now the spirit has gone - or changed shape - and I haven't felt a need nor a want to b*log about anything. Sometimes forms encourage or discourage expression, they are tools, and from experience I recommend playing with them. Especially perhaps if you are having trouble feeding your b*log with nutrients.

My Rose Bruford phase is gradually drawing towards its imminent end. With each passing day I become more aware of the fact. Under the current circumstances the fact makes me happy, I am tiring of this phase and need a change, a development. A next step toward life and career maybe. I never seem to look to the future without some sort of plan, or ideas of where I am going. I have never, not once, in my life been without a direction or an intent. Today is no different. There is a plan, a rough outline - within which, however, I reserve the personal right to variation and freedom.
My upcoming steps, as they appear to me for the next year or so, are as follows: I will finish my BA studies in latter June. I will move back to frozen fairyland and look for a home with my fiance. I will start MA studies in Cultural and Educational Management at the Icelandic University for Business in mid-July. I will find a job that interests me, perhaps even a couple of jobs - my aim is to see what is available in the literary field, publishing companies and the Library for the Blind. In whatever time I manage to preserve I will continue my personal development in theatre practice - the aim is to attempt work on, importing and initiating, a few Dan Kai Teatro (our theatre company) projects as well as projects of my peers. And I will curl up under some fur (leggjast undir feld) and ponder on opportunities and determinations for the following three years.

By the way, to whom it might interest: my lovely and talented fiance and partner in crime is currently performing a devised piece of theatre along with the independent theatre ensemble of which he is a part. The piece is called "The Icelandic Family Circus" and will be performed until April, at the Loftkastalinn theatre (in the workshop studio), Reykjavik. I recommend it to anyone, tickets can be booked or reserved, and further information gathered, on (+354) 8485448 and midasala@gmail.com.

Lastly, on Sunday April 9 - in the valley of Ellidaardalur in Reykjavik - I am doing a "sweat loss ceremony" along with a like-minded group of people. If you would like to join us for the experience let me know. It will cost each participant the sum of 4000ISK, and will take about 5 - 6 hours. A lucious meal included. If you haven't tried this, you really haven't lived.

Seize the day, you lot!
..kH

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... you sure are going to be busy:) I hope you get a good group of good people to go and sweat with you, wish I could do both:) but I am sure I will sweat in India;)
Love to you*

Anonymous said...

Vona að ég nái til þín eða í þig sem fyrst:):) getum farið, visað komið:):) svo nú þarf að panta ferðina með hraði... hjálp brósi!!

Anonymous said...

You are incredeble.. so NICE. Thank you so much for being you and for your great spirit. Thank you for you help, fjúfff... all that reading, writing and thinking... Thank you:):)

Anonymous said...

Má ég vera memm í svetti. það er einmitt það sem mig vantar núna hreinsun og nýja ágætis byrjun (er að hlusta á ágætis byrjun fannst það passa vel við ;)
hlakka til að sjá þig
ein sem eldist að utan en ekki að innan.

Kristjan Oskarsson said...

Audvitad! ef tu fjekkst ekki stadfestingar sms fra mjer, ta er thetta tin stadfesting: tu ert hjermed bokud i svett

knus

Og min kaera systir: goda ferd ut, hafid tad rosalega gott, farid varlega, og njottu tess ad upplifa tetta breyta lifi tinu a einhvern hatt.

Ast til ykkar beggja