Sunday, March 13, 2005

Today is a glorious day.
The weather is beautiful, sunny and optimistic..
Today is also.. my Nameday.

Yes, it is an Eastern European tradition, every single day of the year is the day of one or more names of people.. today, March 13, is the day of Vlastimil/Ružena/Krisztián, Ajtony. Out of all the different ways of spelling a name similar to mine in Eastern Europe, I feel Krisztián is closest to home. At least I accept that spelling, and would not really mind it much if my name were actually spelled like that. It looks beautiful.

So, today is my Nameday. I share it with all the Krisztiáns of the world, and together or apart we will celebrate our name. It is really a second birthday.. we are celebrating ourselves, our being alive, and the name we were given for this life.

Happy happy joy joy,
..kH

1 comment:

Kristjan Oskarsson said...

Tetta system virdist virka tannig ad tetta se fyrirfram akvedid.. tu laerir tad hvenaer nafndagur tinn er.. likt og tu laerir hvenaer tu att afmaeli .. Eg held ad felst loggilt nofn i tessum hluta heimsins eigi ser dag.. :)