Thursday, March 10, 2005

A love affair on top of the Opera House.

This night passed, I surprisingly found myself in the middle of another make-belief love affair. My platonic lover and I shared a memorable date, not unlike our prior affair on Valentine´s Day, in the silk embraces of the night.

I awoke in the middle of the night, seized by an urge to see him. I quickly climbed out of bed, got dressed, and ran out into the darkness. When I arrived at his house, conveniently placed in my neighbourhood in Bratislava (for ease-of-make-belief purposes), I woke him up by gently throwing small rocks, that I picked off the gound, to the pane of his bedroom window. He immediately realized what was going on, and with cat-like sleekness he climbed out of his window and joined me in the street.

We then took a long stroll around the city, which was covered in freshly fallen snow, the crisp cold air and stillness of the environment gave our walk an enhanced sense of romantic magic. We talked about anything and everything. We discussed passions, and dreams, fantasies and the complication of earthly matters. We recited our hearts´ own poetry, and reflected on past events. Eventually we came to the one place in Bratislava that still kept its doors open to customers, a narrow and yet surprisingly large tavern, placed on the basement floor of a central building. We went inside and I treated my companion to a few rounds of mulled wine, where our discussion continued.

Over the steaming glasses of wine we gradually became very innovative, and adventurous. We acted on our impulses, paid our bill in haste, and ran toward the city´s Opera House. We then climbed on top of the building together, embraced tenderly, and with a laugh lay down into the snow, and began making love. Covered in snow, under the stars, a mix of goosebumps and steaming sweat. Suddenly the roof of the building gave in beneath us, and we fell down through the roof, and landed on the middle of the Opera House´s main stage. This sudden and unexpected shift only added to our burning passions, and after I turned on a spotlight we only continued where we left off. On the stage, in the spotlight, we made love like wild animals, oblivious to anything outside our merged beings.

In our explosive climax, the building took fire, and through our orgasmic haze we saw where our wild, almost elemental performance, was being celebrated by a standing ovation from the auditorium. The Opera House burned up, along with everything in it, leaving only a deep-red, melted mark of our combined hearts, in the white of the snow.

...
Where our physical dimension is lacking, it finds fillness in the spiritual. Where our spiritual is lacking, it finds fillness in the physical. Where our wholeness lacks, we find fillness in others.

I am deeply grateful for the fill with which this passed night rendered me.

Still burning,
..kH

No comments: