Tuesday, February 08, 2005

School has started... funny how I don't see many local students around the University .. perhaps it is because our scheduled classes (our as in us international students) are mainly in the afternoon and early evening. We are doing a specially arranged course on Anton Chekhov's work, as well as having the opportunity to do complementary classes - which are mainly dance! - and the school is trying to give four of us the opportunity to study puppetry additionally.

Bratislava is so lovely! It is calm, friendly, pretty, easy, mostly modern. The centrum is largely narrow pedestrian streets of cobble-stone.. there are loads of coffee houses, which I take much advantage of, and bars where prices are generally low. Slovac beer is very nice.

Across the street, from the branch of our school where we do most of our work, is a small cafe and bar called Depresso .. how funny .. and it is not much nicer than it sounds, but it has got character.

I have looked around a bit, and have not spotted too many cute guys.. they are okay looking, don't get me wrong, but I have been under the impression that I could expect more than this. Oh well, .. there have been a few that give a good clue as to how promising the population of young males might be .. but I have not been swept off my feet. I just recently got information on where I could find a gay club in the city, and I intend to take a sneaky look next weekend.

There is a lot that I miss from home, people mostly.. but this wonderful city is interesting enough to keep my mind off that and enjoy the fleeting moments.

Objat',
..kH

No comments: